Friday, November 7, 2014

November's Interesting car videos.


This month I'm introducing a new regular feature to this blog.  I haven't come up with a cool name so for right now we're kind of stuck with, "Interesting Car Videos."  Still, we need some regular content in here and why not start off with a few cool rides that I happen to be personally acquainted with.

The First one is also the newest one.  My friend recently achieved his dream of ordering a brand new car exactly the way he wanted it.  The result, a 2014 Mustang V6 with more options and cool bits than most GT's.

Check it out....







The next is a sentimental favorite.  This video was actually taken the last day I owned this car and friends, that was a tough day for me.  Still I have the video and the memories.  It's a 2008 Mustang GT and my first and only Ford.  I'm pretty much a GM guy but for my money Ford never made a better Mustang than this car and I did't want it forgotten.  I actually have Greenlight Die Cast versions of this car.  Imagine owning a car that was immortalized in Die Cast!.






The next up is an old friend and constant companion....even if I can't always trust it.  It's my 1974 Chevrolet El Camino Classic and it's been with me for half of my life.  I've put a lot of blood, sweat and coin into this car and never regretted any of it even if I was occasionally riding in a tow truck.






Finally, my newest acquisition is actually an old family friend.  I bought this 1995 Formula from my mother who was the original owner.  In fact I was there the day she bought it new.  It's a cantankerous car that's less reliable than I'd like but when it works it works beautifully.  I've only owned it a year now so my restoration plans are still in the early stages. Meaning I'm still just trying to keep it running after living a life of commuter duty for over 150K miles.  So far it's needed a new radiator, distributor, ignition coil, ignition module, intake elbow, tires, hoses, some interior bits.... You get the picture, it's a project car.

 You'll see this car again, in fact you've already seen it as it's been the topic of a few articles on this blog already!


No comments:

Post a Comment